Skip to main content

Currently Reading - Paul Takes the Form of a Mortal Girl


A preview of the novel I’m reading right now!


As I work my way through the hefty pile of essays and articles I have on my desk, I have also started one of the full-length books that I will be basing this project on. I have already discussed Stone Butch Blues which I have ready many times before, but now I am reading Paul Takes the Form of a Mortal Girl by Andrea Lawlor for the first time. I spent quite awhile online looking for what other books I wanted to include in this project, and as soon as I read about this one I knew I had to read it. Unfortunately, it is not currently in print, it was originally published in 2017 and is being rereleased in April, so all of the copies I could find online were way too expensive. I couldn’t even find it in any of the libraries near me, so I got my parents to pick it up from my local library at home and ship it to me (thanks mom!). As you can see I got a little obsessed with getting my hands on it, but it has finally arrived. I’m only 30 pages in and I’m already hooked. It is based in the 1990s and follows the life of Paul, who is a queer college student and bartender with a secret. He is able to shapeshift, he changes his body at will to switch from man to woman and everything in between. This is a super fascinating concept to me and I am excited to see how it plays out throughout this story. Once I’ve finished it I will let you all know what I think!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The TBR Pile

A preview of the other books I’ll be reading for my project!